Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chapter Forty-Six: Magical Chaos

Irish plops down on the land hard, her head swirling. The world flickers between colour and black and white for several minutes, her eyes burning from the freaky sensation. Finally, the world calms down, though she can hear the faint sound of gagging and a familiar voice yelling "No wonder you feel nauseous you dark magic fucker!"



"Dad? Do you know where we are?" Irish asks as she clings uncertainly to her notebook. He just stares into nothing, unable to say anything.
"Dad?" Irish panics, questions running through her head. What's wrong? Where is she? Why are there tears pooling in Tyson's eyes?



Kipp answers what Tyson cannot.
"Irish, in Brooklyn Heights, I felt a sudden surge of dangerous energy that required me to transport your family - and fuckwad over there - to a safe land. I thought I felt everybody in the family and used their life source to transport us here, but I missed your mother. I missed her because there was some life source energy around her from a plant that confused my senses into believing that she was just a tree. In my hurry, I didn't double check, and now she's stuck in that alternative universe without her family." Irish doesn't know what to think. She didn't have the closest relationship with Roxanne, but for her to be suddenly abandoned by her family without any reason is devastating. Only the visible heartbreak on her father's face prevents her from slugging her "soulmate".



As Tyson starts sobbing at the sudden loss of his wife, Irish only has one question.
"Why does my Dad have a green hole in his head?" Isadora gives out a harsh bark of a laugh, brushing through her slicked back hair.
"The alien dude said that the magic is unreliable, and that it needs to settle down before everything returns to normal. That's why my hair looks like it has horns and my shirt is now purple."



"Oh Roxie!" Tyson wails through Isadora's speech. Kipp looks down sadly, unsure how to comfort the guy who basically has just had his wife killed by him. He supposes he should just explain what he did, hopefully calming down the raging inferno that is Irish as well.
"I'm sorry Mr. Marlin about this. I did my best to get Irish and everybody to safety. There was some sudden malevolent energy swarming around your brother's residence, and I couldn't risk it hurting Irish. If he had gotten to Irish somehow, he could have gotten to me and twisted my magicks and killed everybody in that universe, if not others. There's still the chance that if he's a magical creature, he could still come here, but his magics will be weakened. The only reason mine is not permanently damaged is that magic is rather senitant, and knews that my actions are of good intent. I just wanted to save Irish and everybody here from a fate worse then death."



Yes, Kipp isn't actually having fun watching all this misery, it's just a weird side-effect of the magic he just used. As Tyson continues to break down, Tylar thinks that she likes the look of this new house more then the other one. It's warm and inviting. Though she doesn't know if there are any other green hallways of hell in the inside of the house. She decides to sneak into the house, hoping that everybody just calms down when she's inside.



Isa feels numb through all this confusion. Well not numb. She isn't sure what she's feeling. She knows that she's feeling confused, and slightly upset. Not enough to be sobbing like Tyson is, but she's upset nevertheless. She never got to apologize to Roxanne about their fight before this all happened. She'll never get to have the mother-daughter relationship she's always craved deep down. Isa looks at her sister's anxious pacing and wonders how she's feeling.



Irish is feeling many chaotic feelings, blurring together into one lump mass of irrational anger. She fucking goes over to greets the neighbours, and look what happens to her! She gets stuck in this swamp town (even if she admits to herself that the house is rather nice) with two psychos claiming that they're aliens (even though it's hard to dispute that they used magic to yank them here), one of whom claims she's his soulmate (even though her heart pumps furiously when she's around and she wants to grin stupidly whenever his purple-blue eyes meet hers). She's furious, but she's also happy, and it confuses her.



Kipp's attention turns to Isadora's soulmate, feeling justified in lashing out on the dark magic abusing son of a bitch.
"The only reason you're here is because I refuse to separate soulmates, even when they're manufactured by dark fuckers like you! Why the fuck would you sacrifice your soul for forced love?" Kipp's eyes flash bright purple, even though his magic is temporarily weakened, it still flashes with his fury. Calloway looks confused at first, then he glares back at Kipp.
"Way to assume the worst, you jackass! I'm part Fae, that's why I have a soulmate!" His own eyes flash a dark golden colour, angered by the accusation. "My grandmother was a pureblood water fairy, and though she was a traitor by marrying a mortal, she was still able to give her gifts to one child and one grandchild. Just because you haven't learned to use your magic properly doesn't mean you have the right to accuse me of doing something so vile and disgusting!" Kipp blushes, his cheeks a rusty red.
"But-I checked if there was something else. I only saw alien and mortal blood!" Kipp squints his eyes, searching for something. "It's faint, but there. And active. I-I'm so sorry." Kipp looks like he's about to cry, he was so mean to somebody for no reason. Calloway shakes his head.
"I understand, if I thought you were anything other then a pureblood alien I would jump to conclusions too. And Isa, we'll talk about why I lied to you when we were children later." Isadora gives a softer glare as a response to Calloway's words. She will know everything about her soulmate!



"But-I checked if there was something else. I only saw alien and mortal blood!" Kipp squints his eyes, searching for something. "Fuck, I'm such an idiot! It's faint, but there. And active. I-I'm so sorry." Kipp looks like he's about to cry, he was so mean to somebody for no reason. He holds his hands, as if to pray. Calloway shakes his head, seeing that Kipp is about to start a forgiveness ritual.



"Forget the ritual Kipp, I understand why you did what you did. If I thought you were anything other then a pureblood alien I would jump to conclusions too. And Isa, we'll talk about why I lied to you when we were children later." Isadora gives Calloway a look that gives a shiver up his spine. "Why don't we go inside and talk then? Let's just get your father set up in his bedroom, I think needs some time by himself to grieve." With that, Kipp and Irish are alone outside.



"I'm sorry all this happened. It's not what I thought our first meeting would be like. I was thinking more like dim lights and flickering candles and a five star meal. Not this insanity." Irish looks up from her notebook, where she had been tearing holes in the pages in her fury. Her anger fades to a hum as she looks at the teary-eyed gaze of Kipp. "He's really sorry about this." Irish doesn't know if she can ever be mad at him if he looks at him with those sparkling eyes.



She stands up, brushing off the grass that clung to her skirt.
"Are you mad at me?" Kipp asks uncertainly, his voice trembling at the thought of his love rejecting him.
"A little, I guess. It's just so sudden, and I understand your reasoning...but I just need a bit of time. You know?" Irish looks down at her feet, unsure of what to say. She wants to say something that will make Kipp feel better, but it would be a lie. And she hates lying, it just messes everything up.



Irish can tell that Kipp is upset, but not overly so. More disappointed, like he was hoping for something else.
"This stinks like horseflies. I understand though, I just..."
"You just want a happily ever after, right away. It doesn't happen like that, you have to work at it." Irish and Kipp both sigh.



"We'll work at it together. I would have taken things a whole lot slower if it wasn't for that dangerous energy. I didn't really tell Tyson the truth, while the energy was at his brother's place, it was focused towards one person, some male I do not know. I'm still nervous about this man. He is extremely strong, from something unnatural. I'm still not sure of his identity or creature status, only that his anger seems to be focused towards you and Tyson." Irish gasps, who would hate her and her father.
"Tyson? But he's like a goofy teddy bear?"
"A teddy bear who's a police officer, who arrests dangerous individuals daily. To them, he's nothing like a teddy bear, more like a grizzly bear. And if he knows something he shouldn't, and it involves this universe as well, that-that would be bad."

 

Irish starts to shiver as the seriousness of the possible dangers of this man hits her.
"Are you alright?" Kipp asks softly. She shakes her head, looking deep into his glittering eyes.
"This is too much, we were so happy. Why would somebody hate us so much that they would hunt us down like rabid animals?" Irish isn't normally a weak person, but all this information is too much for her to comprehend.



Kipp shushes her softly as he wraps himself around her. She feels like she should fight, but instead she feels comforted. The tears start to flow as he holds her. Saying nothing, just being.
"You know, he might not do that. He could just leave us alone, we could only be a small part of a malicious intent towards the whole town. My magic isn't fully functional yet, especially with specifics like that. I could be completely wrong." Irish shakes her head.
"But you're not. You wouldn't have transported us if you didn't believe we were in danger. But we'll face it together, right?" Irish doesn't care if she's being forward, she knows he loves her. And she thinks she loves him too, even through all this drama.
"Together." Kipp whispers as he gives one last squeeze. "Let's go inside, I decorated the house in a previous trip to this universe. I want to see if you like it. I hope you do, I don't have anything to renovate it anymore."

3 comments:

  1. Great!! I am curious as to whom has it out for them though! Or perhaps i missed something???

    *runs off to read back*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, fascinating, I can't wait to see where you're going to take this

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is mild hints towards the person a while back, but the details will be a plot twisting surprise!

    ReplyDelete