Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chapter Twenty: Flirting in the Dark

Today's the night that Roxanne is coming over to the Marlin house for the first time, and Tyson is nervous for his "date". It's like he's swallowed a bunch of jumping beans and they're bouncing all about his stomach.
"Um, Roxanne? You sure you're coming? I mean, I know you got a lot of homework and, um, stuff." He stammers, struggling to keep his tough facade.
"Of course Ty, I told you I would come and I'm not one to break promises. I'll be over in a few minutes, don't get your knickers in a twist." She laughs lightheartedly while Tyson smiles softly.
"Haha Roxie, real funny. I'll see you soon." He hangs up with shaky hands, pacing back and forth while he waits.



"You better behave Thor in front Roxanne, I'm trying to impress her. No acting like a nitwit!" Tyson glares at Thorne, trying to get the seriousness of his words across.
"I was just going to bed Ty, relax. Besides, with the potion you made for Rosaline, the voices are much more managable." Tyson just stares at Thorne for a moment, did he just say he had voices in his head.
"Wait, Tho-" But Thorne rushes to his bedroom and locks the door. "Fine Thorne, but unlock the door! Other people like sleeping too!"



"Uh, hi Tyson. You have a really nice house!" She squeaks. Roxanne doesn't want to admit it, but she's a bit nervous herself. She has an odd grin on her face as she walks in, unsure of what to say or do.



 Roxanne smiles softly as Tyson leads her to the backyard for a bit of privacy.
"This is eerily romantic Ty, kind of like a picnic at a graveyard or something." Roxanne blushes, why must she say the first thing on her mind?



Luckily for Roxanne, Tyson just laughs it off with a smile.
"You're so beautiful Roxie, you must have the guys drooling all over you." Now Roxanne's blush is even redder.
"I'm not that pretty, I mean, compared to my mom and dad I'm pretty plain. Mom said I should wear a mask, because my eyes are my only good feature." Tyson shakes his head furiously, how could she not see her own beauty?
"Your mother's wrong, you're amazing! You're the most stunning girl I know." Tyson kicks the ground with his shoes, a bit embarrassed he just said that out loud.
"Thanks Ty, you make me feel beautiful."



They walk up towards the front of the house, knowing that it's past curfew and Roxanne really should be getting home. But they linger near the mailbox, just enjoying being in the company of each other.



"I really enjoy being with you too." Tyson gulps, knowing that he might drive Roxanne away with how forward he's being, but he can't keep his feelings to himself. "I know it's a bit soon, and you might not like me in that way, but I want to be more. Like, we don't have to be boyfriend and girlfriend yet, but maybe we can be more then friends?" Roxanne has a small smile on her face, and Tyson hopes this is a good thing.
"Of course I do! Oh Tyson, you're so romantic! It's like I'm the fly to your honey!" Tyson grins, loving her quirky sense of humor.



"Let's hang out tomorrow. Since you're so preoccupied with the graveyard, why don't we have a picnic over there?" Tyson knows it's too soon for a kiss, but having Roxanne wrapped around him feels amazing.
"See you then Ty!" She yells out as she skips backs him.
"I wonder if she'll remember to call a taxi?" Tyson murmurs as he goes back inside his home.



Nathalie watches as Thorne starts a painting before school, and she wonders if she should be pleased that he is such a good painter or worried that his paintings are so gloomy.



Thorne and Rosaline's birthday is coming soon, so he decides to enjoy his childhood as much as possible before the big day.
"All hail King Thorne!" He screams at the phone, even though the person on the phone can't see his well crafted costume. Rosaline watches, chuckling softly at his antics.



After the kids go to school, Ned confronts Nathalie with his worries.
"I know you said you didn't cheat, and I believe you, I do. I just feel so insecure, and I just feel like that I'm being a fool for believing you. I want to believe, I mean, I do believe you, I just...I don't know." As Ned rambles, Nathalie fights an urge to scream, it's true! It's a lame story, but it's true! What can she do to prove this to him?
Suddenly, the music box opens, a high-pitched tune echoing throughout the room. A haunted sound shrieks above the music, reminiscent of Hunter Cottoneye's voice.

Nathalie, I love you, really love you.
You don't feel the same, that is true.
My only son, twisted as he may be,
Will be so much happier then me.
He has his love, and she loves him,
Not like me, as you loved another sim.
I wish you all the best,
As I finally get my final rest.

The music and horribly written poem finally ends, and Nathalie watches at Ned's eyes change from confusion to understanding.



"You were telling the truth." Ned whispers, feeling horrid that he didn't completely believe Nathalie.
"I know Ned, I understand. Come on, let's turn this music box off and snuggle a bit. It's been a while since we've just cuddled and talked." Ned just shakes his head and walks off to his garden, leaving Nathalie alone with her thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. And yes, the poem is bad on purpose. Not everybody is a poet, and I just couldn't see Hunter Cottoneye being a very good poet XD

    ReplyDelete