Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chapter Twenty-Six: Pregnancy's a Witch

Roxanne is in BIG denial, despite her ever increasing stomach. "I can't be pregnant, I'm only a teenager. A married teenager, but a teenager none the less. And we only did it once! Can people really get pregnant on the first try?" Roxanne mumbles to herself as she works diligently on the garden.



She stops watering the plants for a moment, feeling really odd. She stands there for a few moments, unsure of her emotional state right now. She feels a little kick in her stomach, and is suddenly overwhelmed with the sensation to cry. Her eyes start to itch, and she knows that the hormones are about to do her in. "I don't feel ready to be a mother, but I can't just give up my baby either!" She wails to the unmoving plants.



Roxanne doesn't realize that Tyson is standing behind her, witness to the whole meltdown. "It's okay Roxie. We'll deal with this together." Tyson whispers softly into Roxanne's ear. "I know it's hard, but we're strong. We won't let a little baby conquer our love." Roxanne lets out a weak giggle, despite herself.
"How long have you known?" Roxanne asks nervously.
"A while now Roxie, it's been pretty hard to miss. But you needed to figure it out in your own time, so I let it be."



Roxanne turns around to face Tyson's earnest face. "I guess I've known for a while too, but I didn't want to believe it." She pauses, and lays a shaking hand on her stomach. "The baby's kicking right now. It freaked me out at first, but it's kind of funny feeling." Tyson puts his hands on Roxanne's stomach, and he laughs.
"The baby's kicking up a storm in there, I guess he wants out." She lightly smacks Tyson. "Hey, what was that for?" He pauses thinking. What did he say wrong? "Oh, I meant he or she." Roxanne laughs, how she loves tormenting her husband.



Roxanne continues gardening, feeling much better about the upcoming new arrival to the household. Now if only her plants could weed and water themselves, life would be perfect.



Whenever Thorne is near Rosaline, he feels an unfamiliar warmth in his heart that he can't quite explain. He isn't sure what to think about his feelings, but he knows that he needs to talk to Rosaline about it.
"Rosaline, how you feel about me? Be honest with me, I just need to know." Thorne takes Rosaline's hands, hoping that against all odds she'll feel the same way about him. She gives him an uncertain smile, one that Thorne can't quite read.



"I'm not sure Thorne, I'm just not ready for something so steady. I'm just finding out who I am, I don't want to settle yet." Thorne looks crestfallen for a moment.
"But Rosa, we don't have to be steady. We're teens after all, let's just Woohoo and figure out the responsibility stuff later."



Rosaline is game for non-committal kissing, and much, much more...



"It's birthday time! I'm going to be an adult! Yippee!" Even geniuses get hyper sometimes, and Ty is no exception.



Tyson grows cross-eyed as the glittery feeling consumes him. "Yeah, baby, I'm a big boy now." He mumbles as his body tingles.



Tyson doesn't look too different then he was before, just a bit taller and a touch of stubble. He definitely feels more mature however, his hot tempered reined in by insight.




Thorne and Rosaline are super excited. It could be that parties or bring out the best out of people or it could be because they just Woohooed in the shower.



Roxanne doesn't join the party, as she's insanely busy with making this garden great. As she looks at the life fruit glowing in the night, she feels a sense of happiness that she hasn't felt since she first found out she was pregnant. Just as the life fruit grows, this little baby inside her grows. It makes her feel more whole. She wonders if this is how her mother felt when she had her.



Roxanne may be pregnant, but she's still forced to do homework. How does the Pythagorean Theorem compare to the growing baby inside her?



Thorne notices Roxanne's homework frustration, and wonders what he can do to help his pregnant sister-in-law. "She's been working so hard on homework and gardening, maybe she just needs a break?" Thorne wonders as he sits down to eat some leftover cake.



 "How are you Roxanne?" Thorne asks cautiously, unsure of what to say to the newest member of the family.
"Dunno." Roxanne mumbles, scratching out another answer on the paper. "School sucks."
"Yeah, it kind of does. But it's almost over for you, and all that shit will help make your mind grow. Kind of like fertilizer makes a flower grow, you know?"



 "For an artsy guy, you're pretty cool." Roxanne smiles, Thorne's going to make a good uncle for her baby. Feeling better, she tackles her homework with gusto.

3 comments:

  1. A bit of a filler chapter, but you get some Thorne/Rosaline time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've said this before, but I just love Ty and Roxanne! I think they're going to make great parents.

    Also, I'm not sure why, but I have this feeling like Rosaline is going to break Thorne's heart. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CD, I have the same feeling. There's something hesitant about Rosaline! I think I'll start feeling sorry for Thorne now so I can spare my feelings later.

    ReplyDelete