Friday, July 22, 2011

Chapter Twenty-Four: Diamonds Light Up The Night

Thorne struggles to sleep, thinking about what Tyson told him. "The spilled wine a representation for both Ty's goth makeup and his unshed tears Mom." Thorne tries to explain, but Nathalie just sees freakishly blue wine. She shakes her head at her son's illogical ramblings as she does the laundry.



"Don't be alarmed Thorne, I decided to sneak out and get a new haircut. Whatcha think?" Nathalie pretends she didn't just hear that her son snuck out at the same time drunks and criminals are roaming the streets, just for a simple haircut.



"You look good, but what about what we were just talking about last night? Didn't you want to be yourself, not conform and stuff?" Thorne is just trying to look out for his big brother, and wonders what happened in one night to make Ty try to fit in with those freaks.




"It's not that I'm trying to mold myself Thor, I just don't want the hassle anymore. Besides, it feels like all the makeup and the hair was just a form of hiding. I don't think it ever was a part of who I am. Besides, I look smoking hot, don't I?" Ty gives Thorne a flirtatious smile, trying to break the tension in the room. It works, and they both start laughing.



"Alright Ty, but I'll take off my shirt to distract the bullies." Thorne grins, like he needs an excuse to show off his abs.
"Boys, enough about your looks and get to school!" Nathalie yells, trying to contain a grin of her own. Her sons may not be the most well-behaved, but she wouldn't trade them for the world.



Tyson had a great day at school, he didn't get bullied once and Roxanne just loved the makeover. He's beaming as he tells Roxanne his great idea.
"The prom is this Saturday, and I would be honored if you would be the one to come with me." Roxanne squeals so loudly that he jerks the phone away from his ear. "Also, Roxanne, there's something else." He's nervous now, this is part one of his best part of his plan. "If you're not busy tonight, let's meet at the Gazebo again. It's so beautiful there, and we had such a great time last time." He gets more squeals in return, and he knows he's winning huge points in the boyfriend books.



The nerves really set in when Ty hangs up the phone. He better do this right, or else he'll mess up their whole relationship. Hopefully there's nobody at the Gazebo tonight.



No such luck. As soon as he arrives at the Gazebo, he sees a wailing man going on about his dead father. "Why is he mourning here? He's going to screw up my surprise!" Tyson grumbles mentally as he glares at the grieving man.



Ty stand awkwardly, feeling bad that he didn't pick a very romantic place for their date. Roxanne tries to comfort him, knowing he did the best he could on such short notice. "He's just so sweet when he's nervous!" Roxanne thinks to herself with a girly laugh.



"Ty, it's beautiful. Besides, you know me, I'll like anything you'll do for me. I'm a simple kind of girl." She looks over at the egg smeared pillars. "It's not your fault that some people just don't know how to have fun." Tyson laughs, and they start loudly mocking the man's dumb attempt at pranking. "We're right here you know, doofus!"



The man leaves in a huff, and they giggle for several minutes. "You make me feel special Ty, that's what I love about you. Nobody's ever made me feel like this before, like I'm pretty. Hey!"



Tyson has just grabbed her bum, wearing a cocky little smirk that Roxanne knows is a parody of the school's jocks.
"Heeeey babe, you wanna play some one-on-one baseball?" Tyson growls as sexily as possible, before erupting in laughter. Roxanne smacks him lightly on the shoulder, a large smile on her face.



They play around for a few minutes, before Ty looks serious. "Roxanne, you don't know how beautiful you are. It may be sappy and lame, but you're the most beautiful girl in the world. I love you just the way you are."



Roxanne starts to say something, but he shushes her softly. "Listen, Roxie, I didn't invite you out here just for a normal date. I've been thinking that we are meant to be together, and I think you feel the same way." Roxanne nods, not seeing the point to what he's saying. "It's a special date, and so I got a special present for you."



He bends down on one knee, and Roxanne gasps in surprise. "I know we're just teenagers, and we don't have to get married right away, but I love you so much. I never want to be apart. Roxanne Broke, will you marry me?"



Roxanne is speechless as Tyson puts on the ring on her finger. "How-Wh-What?" She stumbles, completely in shock.



Tyson stares down at the ground, it's like the butterflies in his stomach have morphed into some mutant laser beam shooting creature. Or perhaps it's robotic butterflies? "Please say yes, please say yes, please..." He thinks to himself, feeling like he might just die or something if she says no.



"Yes! Of course Ty, I love you, I never want to be without you!" She screams, running towards Tyson with the hugest grin on her face. He did it, Tyson Marlin is going to marry Roxanne Broke!

8 comments:

  1. WOAH WHUT? O_O

    I want that mod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW! So squishy! Don't worry, that's a good thing lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twallan's Woohooer allows teen pregnancy and teen marriage :) I love it, it works for my plot (Yeah, like I wouldn't do teen pregnancy if I'm not doing teen marriage XD I don't think it's that big of a spoiler)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *if I am doing teen marriage. I need to work on my typing XD And I love squishy fluffy stuff, just not all the time :D It depends on my gloom and doom levels XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Tyson is really cute.
    And, I just love how perfectly self-involved teen it is of him to see a guy in mourning and be primarily concerned about how it affects his date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might have been my reaction too XD Then when the egg thrower came, I was flipping out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome chapter! Tyson's makeover is great and him and Roxanne are just so cute together. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tyson does look good!! I wonder how Nathalie will take this news??

    ReplyDelete