Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter Twenty-Three: Transformed

WARNING: Strong language! Beware if you're sensitive, especially to sexuality related slurs. I'm completely against them, but they unfortunately fit in this chapter.


"My feet are killing me Ty, do you mind if we sit down?" Tyson nods and leads Roxanne to a place right next to the hedges, knowing that it's past curfew and the night isn't close to being over. No need for the police to ruin such a wonderful night.



*
"The stars are so bright tonight. They're beautiful, aren't they?" Roxanne smiles as she stares up at the glowing dots, she's always loved looking at the stars.
"They are, just like you Roxanne." Roxanne smacks him lightly on the shoulder. "What?" He asks, confused.
"That's just too sappy! Compare me to flowers and stuff, not stars." Tyson scratches his head.
"Um, okay. You're like a...a...dammit!" For all his genius, he couldn't think up one star. Roxanne chuckles as she is lulled by the twinkling night sky.



"A dammit, huh?" Roxanne says seductively, but before she can start kissing, she spots one of her favourite constellations. "Oh, look Tyson, there's Tyson's Moon! I've always wondered who found that one, it's so pretty! And it has your name in it!" Tyson starts to laugh, a belly aching laugh that seems to echo throughout the whole town. "What it is Ty? I don't get why that's so funny!" Holding his sides in laughter, he tries to choke out a response. "It-it's the fi-first moon I *snort* fou-und. I thi-ink, I ha-got a-a few h-hundred sim-oleons for it." Roxanne starts laughing too, it seems as though they have been connected long before they really started to know each other.



After they stop laughing, the couple sit in silence. Tyson is in awe of both the stars and the magical feeling that comes being with Roxanne.
"Roxie, I've been thinking about us." Roxanne smiles softly and nods, leaning against Tyson.
"Shh, Ty, let's talk about this later. Right now I just want it to be about us and the stars, not about labels." Tyson smiles back and strokes Roxanne's chestnut brown hair, utterly content.



As it turns far past midnight, Tyson can feel his eyes drooping slightly. He stands up and looks deeply into Roxanne's bright green eyes with both lust and love.
"Roxanne Broke, before we part for tonight, will you please become my girlfriend?" Roxanne only laughs and says.
"We already are." She exclaims before leaving for home. Tyson can't help but smile with that, and he rushes home to tell everybody the big news.



Tyson just can't stop smiling, even as he tiredly eats leftover macaroni and cheese. He longs to miss school today, but he remembered Ned's response the last time he tried to ditch. Besides, Roxanne will be there, just as tired as him.



Nathalie is tired of caring for Ned's fish, especially when they die from neglect. "He seems pretty into his garden lately, it's been a while since he's fished. Maybe he'll retire soon and we can get rid of them?" Nathalie murmurs hopefully, gagging slightly at the decaying fish.



Rosaline is growing more and more independent from Thorne, learning more about the people- and gigantic seeds - around her. She remembers once upon a time, when she was a doll, when she dreamed of being married to Thorne and living a fairy tale with him. But lately, they've been so distant, and Rosaline just feels like she's becoming a different person. Somebody who's not compatible with Thorne. But a part of her, despite knowing it would never work, longs to be in Thorne's embrace.



Growing tired of fighting herself over a hypothetical relation, Rosaline takes out her guitar and practices her guitar. Her playing is still a little shoddy, but she's getting better. She doesn't notice the fact that she hasn't got a single tip, too wrapped up in her music.



Tyson has had a horrible day at school. Exhaustion seeps in his voice as he tells Thorne what happened.
"I can't believe I was ever friends with that bitch Marilyn. She spread this fucking rumor that's I'm secretly some trannie whore because of all the make-up I wear. Fuck her, I can't believe I once liked that two-faced slut!" He rants angrily, his voice trembling in rage. "I managed to keep my cool for the day, but people just kept on looking at me like I'm some fucking freak. I thought this rebellious goth stuff was kind of cool, kind of like your art. Expressing myself of who I am and stuff. But with all this shit, I just don't know if it's worth it to be like this." Thorne is speechless, his face twisted into a hilarious grimace as he hears the story.



"I didn't know, I swear Ty! That's horrible! I'm sorry, I would have-" Thorne exclaims after a few more moments of speechlessness.
"And become a outcast like me? You're the cool artist kid, you and Rosaline could rule the school if you wanted to, they admire you. They don't get me, don't get I'm a genius and puts me in this little faggot goth box. Roxie does, but she's not well off, being a Broke and all. She works really hard at her job, but you know high school bitches."



Thorne appears pensive for a moment, something odd for the hyper-active little brother.
"You know, despite how I appear sometimes, school is shit for me too. Little things they say just stick, and I just can't get them out sometimes. You just got to find your passion and just go with it. I'm lucky I found mine early, it allows me to let all the doom and gloom in my heart and paint it on the canvas. You know what I'm saying?" Tyson nods, staring down at his homework so he wouldn't start bawling.
"You're a good brother Thorne. Thanks man, you're the best." That's pretty much manly code for 'I love you'.



Ned tootles in from the garden, twirling his cane. He's completely obvious to his boy's growing problems.



In fact, instead of checking in on his boys, he takes a long nap on the couch. "I'll see them in the morning." Ned mutters as he drifts off, his muscles aching with the hard labour.



Sneaking past a mother out on the hunt and a dozing father was too easy. Tyson wonders if the rumors will die with this new look. It's less goth but still rebellious with the same clothes and slightly lighter eyeliner. Ty thinks this look is more 'him' then the spikes and heavy makeup ever did.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see more of Ty's new look! I'm also curious to see what's going to happen or not happen between Thorne and Rosaline; I always figured they'd end up together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too XD But I got the idea of their relationship/friendship being less then perfect and I went with it :) Don't worry, no matter what, they're having ONE baby to mix their genetics together. (Look down if you want to see the name of the baby, s/he is already born in my game)




    Spoiler Alert Below!
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    (It's a boy named Skye if you're curious, I don't have room for it until much later, if at all, to talk about that baby)
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Spoiler Alert Above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your "spoiler alert above" thing. xD Too cute.

    Im glad Rosalie is becoming her own person. Wether or not they stick together after the baby doesn't matter to me, I'm just happy she's her own person. Even I'm falling into the cliche of matching IF doll to their owner. Once they're their own person, they should live their own life.

    Oh and Tyson's haircut is nice. Can't wait to see his new look in full next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty heavy chapter! Kids can certainly be the cruelest people. I think they have adults beat by miles.

    Hopefully Tyson will still be able to express himself and not feel like he needs to conform to what other people think he should be!

    ReplyDelete