Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chapter Fifteen: Seriously, Have Some Fun!

Tyson enjoys mixing chemicals together, but it's still not enough to cheer him up. "I enjoy this, but...something's missing. Maybe if Papa had bought this for me out of love instead of regret, maybe it would make this more fun." Ty muses quietly, unsure of whether he should be happy or not right now.



Oddly enough, Tyson is exhilarated when his formula explodes. "I made that explode! Cool!" Tyson exclaims through heavy coughs. Something sad within him lifts, at least for a few minutes.



After a long steamy shower to clean up his soot covered skin, Tyson decides that this house needed some cheering up, in the form of pranks! He has a mischievous yet serious look on his face as he sets up some pink shower dye for the next person to take a shower.



"I've been working on the rail-road, working all day-ay-ay-ay!" Nathalie is completely clueless as she puts the pink goo all over her long flowing hair.



Yummy, mysterious red substance! Tyson may not have the daredevil trait, but he definitely isn't afraid to gulp down a strange vial of science.

Why Nathalie is thinking about CDs during Thorne's birthday, nobody will ever know...
"I wish I could store this moment on a CD-ROM!"



Thorne has to be one of the most beautiful sims ever, only comparable to his brother Tyson. Nathalie makes the best children ever!
"Who there?" Thorne mutters to himself, looking unseeingly into the distance. Beauty isn't everything, especially when insanity ensues. "No, no, shut up..." He whispers to himself, and Nathalie quickly leaves the room in worry.



Rosaline grows up with Thorne. She's amazed with her new body. "I is alive!" She squeals happily, though only Thorne can hear her.



Thorne struggles to focus on conversation with Rosaline, many different voices blurred together in his mind.
"This my home now. I a real being!" Rosaline whispers in awe. Thorne stares blankly at her, she was always real to him.



"When I is doll, I want to tell to you were great singer. I love the times you sung to me, you were special boy." Through Rosaline's awkward speech, Thorne still gets the gist of what she's trying to say.



"Thanks Rosaline, I love singing to you as well. I hope it doesn't have to stop now that you're big." Thorne struggles to speak loudly, it's almost like he's drowning in his mind.
"Love you very so much. I no want singing end either." Rosaline smiles, and Thorne wonders if their connection is effecting Rosaline's speech, or whether she is just a manifestation of one of the voices. But the voices die down when he talks to Rosaline, so perhaps Rosaline is a manifestation of his healthier self. Either way, he wants to spend more time with his former doll, and that means ignoring the voices, no matter what.



"You're the best friend I'll ever have Rosaline." Thorne smiles, the first one he's had since growing into a child.
Nathalie isn't sure what to think about her youngest son. At the first moments of his childhood, she heard the same confusing mutterings that Hunter once did at his age. But as the day went on, he starts to chats to one particular voice and seemed genuinely happy instead of miserable like his father.
"I just don't want to make the same mistake I did with Hunter. And he seems to be happy in his insanity, who am I to take it away from him?" Nathalie thinks to herself, vowing to watch her littlest boy for signs of serious discontentment.



Silly faces are fun! Rosaline definitely brings the best, if goofiest, side of Thorne out. He's glad his friend grew up with him, even if Mama keeps on looking at him oddly.

3 comments:

  1. Thorne is adorable. I love that his imaginary friend is his source of stability in trying to deal with his insanity. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if Hunter's insanity was going to pass down, I sure hope Thorne is able to keep it under control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a nice twist for the most "insane" seeming thing to be the most sane thing in little Thorne's life. And it really helps with my future plot-line with Rosaline :)

    Also, I changed Thorne's eyebrows at one point, the eyebrows in the last picture are the ones that are going to stay :)

    ReplyDelete