Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chapter Ten: A Bloody Thorn

Tyson does not love the potty. "No poo! No pee-pee!" He screams, trying to squirm away and cross his arms at the same time. Nathalie sighs, she needs to get Tyson potty-trained before the new baby is born.



Nathalie does not love potty training either, especially with the smelly clean-up job.



Tyson loves logic, especially when learning it involves such colourful, chewable blocks.



Nathalie panics when she sees that a page of her pregnancy book is whited out and covered with a blood-smeared note. Since Tyson is playing nearby, she attempts to hide her emotions, but inwardly she's freaking out. She's even more upset when she realizes that the page that was whited out was about the father's role in raising a child.



Dear Nath Nattie,
If you are reading this, the magic box has done it's job. I have committed suicide, taking my bitch of a lover with me. She was nothing like you my love, but we were both alone and she was pretty wasn't ugly like many of the Riverview woman. That all changed when she cheated on me with one of the Crosby boys around town. I stopped taking my daily medical nectar and the thoughts returned. The only thing that prevented me from killing going over the edge was that I had no heir. You know as well as I do that my father was strict, but you knew nothing of it's extent. My father had beaten into me that I had to have a heir, even if it was as much of a freak loser as I was. But I couldn't be touched, being so burned by Hannah's the bitch's betrayal. So I withdrew further into myself, experimenting with dangerous magics to get the heir I needed. Unfortunately, a part of side-effect of the magic is that you cannot have any other children. I know you wanted a large family, and I am sorry to do this to you. But I need a heir, and I don't trust any woman but you to raise my blood well.
Farewell,
Hunter

Nathalie flips over the page before she starts to bawl. "What happened to the happy-go-lucky little boy I had so much fun playing with?" She asks herself in a choked whisper. She reads the rest of the book, skimming over the familiar facts. Nathalie just needs some time to think, luckily Tyson doesn't need her at the moment. "I'm having Hunter's baby, even though I didn't cheat on Ned." She thinks to herself sadly. If Ned finds out, he won't believe her. Hell, she wouldn't believe this story if it wasn't right in front of her.



Oh my goodness, it's a miracle! The babysitter is actually DOING something other then stare at the child! Nathalie will be pleased that she doesn't have to clean up more poop.




Now all she has to do is feed the starving toddler, who's screaming his lungs out.





"Ma-ma!" Tyson squeals, happy to be in his mother's arms. "Big 'elly?" Nathalie snuggles her little boy, happy that he's super curious about the world.
"You're going to be a big brother Ty-Ty. I have a baby in my tummy." Nathalie explains, and tries not to flinch as a hyper Ty bangs on the belly. "At least he's excited about the news" She thinks to herself, knowing that Tyson can be one temperamental little tot.
"Ba-bee! Me big, ba-bee small." He exclaims, happy to be older then somebody in the family.





"You're just in a good mood today, aren't you little Tyson?" Nathalie smiles as little Ty takes well to potty-training.




"Come on Ty-Ty, let's play with Ro-Ro together! Just walk over to me!" Nathalie is happy to see that Tyson is excited enough to take his first steps with confidence. Her little boy is growing up so fast!




Just as Nathalie and Ned are about to rekindle with some serious romance, the baby decides to come out into the world.




Ned feels disconnected as he holds Thorne Marlin for the first time, and feels none of the happiness he felt for Tyson's birth. "What's wrong with me?" He asks himself, bewildered at his lack of emotions.



4 comments:

  1. Sorry the font's a little off, but I think it's still a good chapter!

    I wonder why you can't edit comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama! : O

    Great chapter, ebec. As I said last time... did NOT see that coming. I applaud thee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very interesting!! So the magic box made Nathalie pregnant?? Very creative work-around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aesome job, ebec. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Thorne is a great name.

    ReplyDelete